Apple Snails In A Tanganyikan Tank?

Dylan

From reading what i can find it seems like snails should like the hard water of the rift lakes, but i'm not so sure about the salts and the pH? I would keep a proper Tanganyikan snail species in it but there are none available. They do all seem to get along in the ditches and ponds in Florida

i'd be concerned about the salt content in most 'african cichlid' buffers. snails and salt are not a good mix.

another concern is fish nipping at the antenna of the snails, thinking they are worms to eat. this can result in the snail staying tucked up inside it's shell and not coming out to feed at all.

i personally would not keep apple snails with africans.

i should specify these are a few small daffodil brichardis (Neolamprologus pulcher) and 8 large and very much moving and roaming apples. would the buffers prevent the snails from breeding? they seem really happy otherwise, they eat, then they sleep then they move around and poop lol none of them have ventured out of the water the way the zebra nerites seem to. i've put the zebras back in the other tanks where they stay underwater. my only other options for them are a 30 gallon koi overwintering tank, or a ten gallon half empty gourami rehab tank.