Splash

TylerG

I figure that a bunch of you may enjoy my minor heart failure from this morning. I woke up early to make a nice breakfast before work and had just gotten out of the shower and walked to the living room where I heard running water. I went back and checked to make sure everything was off and it was. Went back to the living room and the water noise was coming from my large tank…

I looked behind the tank and there was water splashing against the wall and all over the place, including the electrical socket behind the tank. I immediately powered everything down in the area and the water splashing came to a slow stop. Thankfully it was only a crack in my one filter and not a crack in my tank.

I am guessing that this could be because I do not know the age of the filter? Has anyone else experienced this? Anything I should make sure I do?

I run dual filters on the tank, pulled off the bad filter and put on 2 old filters to help handle the load. I put the media across the other filters to try and keep it active.

There was a fair bit of water but thankfully I pulled a ton of towels from the closet and got it soaked up. It was a AquaClear 110 hanging on back. I ordered some new cansiter filters last week so I hope the will be in soon to help take the load.

My Aqua Clear 20 was overflowing awhile go...took me awhile to figure out what was wrong though. I was freaking out cause there was water all around the tank, on the floor, the wall...it's a 10 year old filter, so it wasn't surprising. After cleaning it, it started working again. Right now it's on my 55g with my newer in tank filter...figures that now it's working great lol I'm going to be retiring it once I get another AC 50. The AC 20 will make a semi-reliable back-up lol