Lilly Pipes And Outflow

lgamboa

Not an answer to your question, but I am going to try and make some over the long weekend. I'll have to see how they turn out, been planning what seems like ages but don't have time till then.

I bought mine off ebay. No complaints, shipping takes a little while, but for the price who cares.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Magic-Lily-Pipe-Set-16mm-Aquarium-Plant-Tank-ADA-Filter-/260554719380?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caa458094

Thanks Jay.

I saw this add but wasn't sure if it was safe.

How many weeks before you got it?

• 3 weeks later...

So I made two outflow pipes, they're pretty sharp looking. Haven't researched inflow because I don't have a canister filter to hook them up too...

Here is the very first one I made... (not counting the pipes where I messed up the first step)

I think for the very first one it is good. Room for improvement but for the amount of material I got for the price ...yeah. I am still planning on polishing the edges of the funnel area to more of a rim because its pretty flat.

Oh I haven't took the marker off this one yet.

http://s1182.photobu...%20Lily%20Pipe/

I gave the two nicer ones to my aunt and some tubing so she could muck around with the inflow thing because I don't have time till the holidays. Too heavy of a workload for school till finals. :(

Thanks, like I said it wasn't bad for the first one.

Good way to shrimp proof filters vs. the classic sponge option (to me anyway). I have heard they are difficult to clean unless you have the right ..?tool?

If you're bored and have a heat gun. You can get all the base material for around $25. (lots of tries, minimum purchase of tubing/rod material is 25)

Household items you probably already have

+salt

+special fine tooth saw (possibility to be creative here) --used for cutting very thin part without cracking ....hardest part of the whole thing

+glue (recommend high temp)

+another person makes it 10x easier

+patience :rolleyes: