Power-Glo Vs Aqua-Glo Vs Life-Glo

meeiu

I have a 10 gallon planted tank which some hornwort, java ferns, various types of moss, and dwarf saggitarius.

I am currently looking at a T5 for my 18'' hood which are offered in 15w from this Hagen's product line.

There is:

Power-Glo

Life-Glo

Aqua-Glo

The power and aqua glo are both rated at 18000K but says it is suitable for FW plants as well.

The Life-Glo is rated at 6700K and also says it is suitable for FW plants.

I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with these bulbs and could possible give me more insight on which one to use.

Thanks!rolleyes.gif

I would go with the 6700K but go with 3 W per gallon. (in case you want to go with high lighted plants in the future)

There is a Coralife light that will perfectly fit your 10 gallon. The bulb that goes with it is 28W.

The 18000K might give you a bluish tone on the light.

I tried using the 10000K on my tank but I did't like the way it looked as it was bluish.

My 6700K was able to carpet HCs, Hairgrass, and was good with the Java Fern and mosses.

But again, it's up to your taste.

But again, it's up to your taste.

Bang on.

I was recently surprised to find that a MARINE-GLO of unknown age was putting out identical PAR as a spank'n new Ushio 6500K of equal wattage

,,,Surprised; as this would betray conventional 'wisdom' :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

I had the life glo alone on a 20 G and it grew all my plants no problem. I don't think it would grow a carpet though. Ideally I would have replaced it at the 10 month mark but i waited a bit longer.

Double check the length of your bulb before you go to the store. Nothing worse than getting the wrong size and having to go back.