Fish not looking good!

kells75

I built a sump for my cichlid tank. Used the white pvc. glued a few of the joints where needed. started it up and within an hour the fish were laying on the bottom, roling on there side a bit. I am sure that everything I used was for potable water. the glue had over a week to dry. Some of the fish were near the surface. What do you think may be the problem????

Yes I flushed everything. since this started I have disconected the sump and done a water change. I now have the old filter system up and runing again. On 3 of the threded joints I used yellow teflon tape, do you think this could be a problem??

The base of the pectoral fins are turning red.

It was a scary night, Before I went to bed it looked like I was going to loose a good portion of my stock. Had a look this morning. To my surprise I only lost 1.

Bloody fins or body is a sign of poisoning.

That's what my plecos looked like when I switched to KCl in my water softener. (Cleaning agents in the salt was probably the culprit) My plecos looked like they were in a bloody scrap, but that is what poisoning or chemical "burns" look like.

In your case, I don't know anything about glue, etc.