Purigen

PistolPete

Does anyone here use Purigen in their filters? I just recieved my order from big als online(Which I may add is alot easier than going there on the weekend) I have picked up enough for my aro tank and my 110 bass grow out tanks. Its supposed to help with nitrates among other claims. I will be able to tell next week as these tanks reciever REGULAR waterchanges. Same volume removed on the same day for the last 6 months easy. Hopefully by next weeks waterchange I will see areduced amount of nitrtrate before the waterchange.

I use it, but not for nitrate removal. The stuff is great at removing tannins and clearing up your water. I put some in my 35g which had 3 fresh pieces of driftwood (definitely should have boiled/soaked them beforehand) and it went from a nice tea colour to just a yellow tinge overnight. I also use some in my 10g and the water is awesomely clear.

I use it, I would recommend buying double what u need, then you always have one to throw in the canister, and one recharged. Otherwise you need to pull it, put the canister back together, recharge the purigen, rip the filter apart again and put it back. Having two batches on the go makes it easier to swap it out when needed.

I got a recommendation to use it. So I've sifted through the posts that mention purigen here and dialoged with a few notables on the product. The web is peppered with mixed reviews. I just picked some up today. It's going in the top shelf of my 2213 (25gal). I bought the 250ml bottle (lots!) for the very reason Jayba mentions.

• 1 month later...