Lighting Question

meeiu

Thank you so much for the info.

Went and picked up 2 sets today!

Good show meeiu! If you ever end up using two fixtures on one tank, you have the advantage of spreading them out more than a double bulb fixture would permit. I don't know if anyone following this topic has fiddled with that idea. Does an extra 4" between bulbs matter to either create or eliminate lower light zones?

I don't think that would be enough to create a low light zone as these bulbs have a pretty good spread. It would make your lighting a lot more even though. If I didn't already have this big overpriced fixture I'd go grab 2 more of these in a heartbeat.

spread is better then intensity. So yes distance between bulbs would help create a more uniform light.

Also brightness is how we perceive light and not a measure on useful light for plants. Color temp plays a role on what appears brighter to our eyes. For an example. the more green in a light the brighter it becomes to us but not necessarily to plants. Lights that contain less green may be infact less bright in our eyes but more useful in terms of lighting for plants. In other words unless your using a par meter to measure light then your simply guessing based on your own perception.

Edited by ubr0ke