Filtration-need MORE!

Majestic_Aquariums

I need to get more mech. filtration on my tank-

230 gal

1- XP3 (I know this is way under-rated for a tank this size)

3-802 powerheads w/quickfilters

1 HOT Magnum 250GPH

I have added a MAG 12 w/prefilter as well.

30% waterchanges every three days.

This tank is drilled for sump, and I have one. But I never put this tank on a stand to use it with; it is "temporary" or that was the original plan.

There is tonnes of flow, and literally looks like a kid's science fair project-cords, hoses EVERYWHERE!

The fish all love the current, but it would be nice to add something, and reduce others.

Would a second XP3 be worthwhile? I can't get my AC 500s on the tank due to the glass bracing

Any suggestions would be good. Thanks

Thanks Neil, I keep on forgetting about the $20!

Right now, there's 10 Silver Dollars (3" each-30" total)

3 Pleco's (16" total)

8 cories (8" total)

5 tiger barbs (7" total)

S%$T Load of White Clouds Like over 100 (anyone need white clouds?)

about 16" total others

Maybe a WEE bit too much bioload?

Bare bottom, and I added the mag 12 on the bottom. The pre-filters clog up quick right now, hopefully that will slow as the tank runs more?

Lots of flow though-surprisingly, the Silver Dollars seem to like it.

I just added a second XP3 to my 100 Gal. Gold's has them for $169. I bought the first one at Pisces on sale $199 (It was a Thurs and Gold's was closed.) I have the same lip on mine . Your choices are pretty limited. I asked Dennis if he ran sumps on any of his tanks and he said he only runs them on salt water and you don't need one for fresh water. I've never ran a sump myself so I don't know what they cost or what kind of efficiecy you can expect . If you have any info I'd be interested in reading it. That's my 2 cents take it or leave it.

Thanks for the help RDFISHGUY. I really should add a second canister to this tank soon, either that or tear down, build stand, and set up all over again.

The sump is a 33 gal. with a RIO pump rated for 1560 GPH. With head loss estimated in, I should expect 1000 GPH which would be adequate I guess. Depending on how much will drain out of the tank, I could add a second pump I suppose.

Actually, the last owner of the tank kept Discus and his water quality was good with that pump, but probably didn't have the bio-load I do. Also, I do not know what his waterchange sched. was like.

I will most-lilkely just add a second XP3 for now I guess, and maybe move some fish out as I don't have any time right now for our own projects.