Drop Checker?

creekbottom

I just got my parts from Aquatic Magic, finally! Just waiting on a few other things to come in and I can get my DIY CO2 running!

How do I get the suction cup to stay on the drop checker? The hole on the cup is small, the knob on the checker is larger. I can get it in and then it pops off a minute later, not going to work in my tank.

suggestions?

No worries, I scrapped the diffuser. Even though it is supposed to work with DIY CO2. I put an air stone on the end of the line and am getting really tiny bubbles

chopsticks will work as well. Just cut a chunk and stuff it in the tube.

• 2 months later...

Reviving an old thread...

I have a 4dKH solution in my drop checker, running DIY CO2. Everything has been fine, have a lovely green color, usually. When the lights came on today I noticed there was NO color.

What does that mean?

Could be an opitcal dellusion. Green background giving the appearance of clear solution.

Pull it out and examine the colour under ambient light.

Manufacturers suggest changing the solution every month or so, perhaps expired, or diluted from condensation?

I have never had my drop checkers have no color and try to change solution every quarter. Are you sure its not a really light yellow? If it is you might have high levels of CO2 in the tank.I agree with jewels... take it out of the tank and see what it looks like under ambient light. When in doubt change the solution and see if it brings back color.

I only replaced the fluid today as it's been a busy week. I checked it under regular light, with a white background, still no detectable color. I changed the fluid, added the drops and put it back in, nice dark blue. That was this afternoon, this evening it is a lovely shade of green. I'll see what it looks like in the morning.

ps. I should have noted this in the original revival: The solution that turned clear wasn't that old either, maybe a week to 10 days.

Edited by creekbottom