Like A Red Headed Step Child

vince0

Hello Folks,

I have a group of albino bristlenose that have been breeding continuously for the last year. The male must be getting tired, as he's been kicking out the eggs the last few times. He still raises the odd batch here and there, but his performance as a father has been rather lacking lately. The last time he kicked the eggs outs, I removed them and put them in a small 2.5g to see if they would hatch. The tank wasn't very clean and they didn't hatch. This time, I decided to leave them in there. The fish reside in a 20g tank with some CRS, with lots of plants, rocks and open feeding areas. The eggs survived me syphoning the rocks clean, and two more days in the open feeding ares. This evening, they had dissapeared, so I assumed they had been eaten.

Wrong!

There are small plecos with huge yolk sacs stuck to the side of the tank. Being albinos, they are very orange as well.

Anyone ever experience this?

My male kicked out a batch of eggs. I siphoned them out and put them in a plastic floating breeder with an airstone and 5 days later they hatched. They looked like bright orange rocking horses as their eggs sacs were so big they could only rock on them and they didn't move very well. They are now over a month old and eating like little pleco pigs. I have not had any kicked eggs survive that I have known of, thou these 15 did. Papa just released another batch and I am sure he has another batch with him now. Those male BN don't know when to stop! Good luck with your fry.