Bc Man's (Tropical Fish) Grow Op Invaded

heff

I read this on CBC this morning:

A B.C. man who raises tropical fish said his home and privacy were invaded when local enforcement agencies knocked on his door while looking for a marijuana grow operation, and then forced him to pay for an electrical inspection and upgrade his fish-tank operation.

I wonder if he had a ton of incandescent bulbs, basically heating his home with 60W bulbs...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/02/bc-fishgrowop.html?cmp=rss (I didn't read the article ... cbc is proxied)

He should never have consented to the search or inspection. If the authorities have a legal reason to search your residence or vehicle they don't need to ask for your permission. He should have told them to pound sand and let them get a warrant, I'm thinking it would be difficult to obtain a search warrant based on how much electricity is used in someones home.

All I have to say is thank goodness we live in Alberta. That is just ridiculous, the man was a retired electrician. He knows how to set it up. why make him do more. I hope he can do something against those a$$hats.

When I was raising fish in Red Deer in the early 90's I got a knock on the door & was greeted by the RCMP. They asked about my high utility bills. I told them I was raising fish, the officers looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Then he said I could either let them look right now or I could leave the house until they could obtain a warrant. I told them to come in & have a look. They had a look in the basement & the rest of the house & left. I never had anymore problems with them. My utility & water bill were 3 times the household average as I recall because I was running a drip system, special filtration for city water & a boiler.

It's a good thing I'm on well water now, I'd hate to see what my water bill would be now.

They actually have the power in BC to get a warrent based upon utility cost - from what i read anyways. But from what i gather, they never really catch anyone because of the 48 hour notice thing, so anyone actually guilty gets off scott free.

Just do what the bikers in red deer do. Bury a couple sea cans full of "aquariums" hook up a burried generator and let er buck, looks like a farmers field from the road. No utility bills. And when you come back in 90 days lots of "Fish". Lol