Worming Fish?

nanmer

I have no inverts with my bettas but the above article says it does not affect them. I know that many Asian countries have a high concentration of parasites in their water so it makes sense that it would affect the fish.

I have supplied Levamisole for Fairdeal, Angel Al, a major importer of Arrowana's and some other big ticket fish. They all get doses as a preventative process, so the worms don't propagate in your tanks. Levamisole is used on all my fish as part of my QT regime.

Many fish stores have worms, but frankly it is not worth the time or money for them to treat them. Just sell them fast, and get the next shipment in.

If dosed at 1g per 100 gallons, there is no noticeable stress. The problem with worms is once you can see them, the internal part of the fish is ravaged. It's not being paranoid, it's being proactive, just the reality we have to deal with. Once you have say cammalus worms, they can be very hard to rid your tank of it, and it is so easy to cross contaminate all of your tanks. Been there, never want to do it again.

I should also mention, dormermers cause paralysis in adult worms, which allows the passing of intestinal worms. It does nothing for eggs. The eggs are still in your tank, that is why I dose in a bare tank, vacuum and the fish gets moved out to a clean environment. Once you have the eggs and the full life-cycle going on, it takes dose after dose, and a ton of vacuuming. It is the type of thing that can cause people to break down tanks, and some just leave them broken down.