Mirror Backgound?

Maxwell

I've been toying with the idea of putting a mirror on the outside rear surface thinking it might enhance the depth of field. My aquarium is only 15 inches deep and I want to have plants in it as well as fish.

If one has a lot of plants in there the effect might be lost anyway. Also would this aggrevate the fishes?

My idea of a mirror would be a vanity 12-15 inch that I could cut to 48. Or maybe a plain Black or Blue

backing would be the simplest in the end! Anyone ever try the mirror background?

I had a 90 that came w a mirror siliconed to the back. I liked the depth it created before the plants took over and you couldn't tell. I remember seeing it (or maybe it was a different tank) after trying to take it off. The silicone made the mirror all cloudy. It wouldn't come off easily, and ended up looking terrible. So, if you do decide to put a mirror on the back, I don't think I'd use silicone to attach it.