Another New Boy!

BettaLove1

Hey there!

I haven't been on in quite a while (darn life being too busy), but I thought I'd come and introduce my new boy that I picked up from Aquarium Central yesterday! I saw him on the weekend and was just dying to pick him up, but I didn't have a tank and I've been told "No More!!"...so I had to leave him behind. On Sunday night, my little veiltail passed away unexpectedly (I have yet to figure out why), so I cleaned out the tank, set it back up (new adventure with a live plant!), and raced out to get him in hopes he was still there. He was marked as a delta tail but I have yet to see him flare his beautiful fins! He just gives me a fish shrug when I hold up the mirror and swims away lol.

Anyways, here he is! Name suggestions welcome!

Sorry for the big photos!

img0176qk.jpg

img0173by.jpg

img0171fs.jpg

Edited by BettaLove1

I'm not sure, but at rest it kind of looks like it I think. However, he is supposedly a delta according to what was written on the tank, and from my understanding a rose tail is an extreme halfmoon which means he couldn't be a rose tail if he is a delta. He won't flare for me to see if he really is a delta or a halfmoon though! With all those ruffles and overlapping, heavy finnage it seems to me to be more likely he's a halfmoon. I'm an amateur betta keeper though, so I don't know much about tail types and such. If someone with more experience wants to pipe in an say what they think he is, that would be more than welcomed!!!

ETA: The white-ish scales around his mouth/under his "chin" and part of his belly has turned to a copper colour. Is this normal?

ETA Again: Pictures of him showing off the ruffles. Maybe they'll help determine tail type?

img0180wt.jpg

img0186qm.jpg

Edited by BettaLove1

• 10 months later...