Oscar Help

jackel38

So i got a full sized Oscar not sure the age I rescued him about a year ago and has been a happy and healthy fish he's in a 110 gallon tank with a second Oscar and two dempseys and 2 plecos, I do weekly water changes 25% min and treat with prime all my water parameters are good the odd increase in nitrates but that's about all ph usally in the 7.2 to7.5 range and there on a fluval 405 system for filtration but the other day he started sitting on the gravel doesn't want food and his stomach is a bit bloated thought maybe a constapation issue so did a addition of some salt and am trying to feed him peas just curious if anyone may have an idea of what may be wrong with him

Thx

Adam

If nothing has changed with feeding routine or types of food it is never a good thing when active fish like oscars all of a sudden just lay on the bottom and quit eating.

Any chance he just over ate? Cats will lay on the bottom for a few days after a big meal.

If none of the other fish seem to be affected and you not knowing the age of the already full grown oscar when you got it there is also the outside chance that he is just old and is nearing his time. Is his color still good or does it seem a little faded or darker? Old fish could go either way.

Well unfortunately before I could find out whatwas wrong my Oscar Big Guy lost his fight and passed away 45 min ago there is going to be ahuge hole in my tank he will be missed , he went quickly with his mate at his side I feel really bad for her