Licorice Gourami

Fin2you

I was at Big Als this morning and walked past the tank with these in it on my way to the betta girl tank. when I found out they didn't have any new ones in I stopped and looked at these guys. I've heard they are interesting cutie-pies. Of course an employee just had to come over carrying a bag & a net. I said I'm just looking and she smiled and said "well just in case". There were only 3 left, and you know I'd just moved my SuperDelta boy into his very own 5.5gal tank, so the spixi snail tank had no fishies in it.... and these 3 looked so sad & small in such a big tank.

So when I got them home, the lighter colored seemed to struggle with swimming. So I put it in a cup inside the tank but it seemed to be bothering the others. So into the fishbowl for a couple hrs. when I came back to check expecting it to be dead, I got a good surprise, it was swimming around. So I've now put it back in the cube tank, & all 3 are hiding. 1 behind the filter, 1 under the filter & the other is against the side of a rock well decoration.

I know they can be difficult to feed. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I fed dried bloodworms tonight, & there's an algae wafer in the tank from me feeding my spixi's this morning.

2 gal cube, filter is a Tetra internal power filther for 1-3gal tanks. it's heated with a betta bowl under gravel heater type pad. it's kept about 23-25C

try this link, but you should have no problems with them as you breed bettas :)

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/profiles/licorice-gourami/

or this one

http://fish.mongabay.com/species/Parosphromenus%20deissneri.html

and so see why they got you if they are anything like the pics I have seen FABULOUS!

and I thought the sparkling were nice.

I actually don't breed my betta's I just enjoy them for myself and my family!

Thanks for the links, I gathered a few tidbits I didn't already know. I will add some more plants to this tank. It really only had 1 tall silk to hide the filter, & some "twigs" off a stump. (didn't need much b/c it's home to spixi apple snails)! But they've got some hidey spots so they aren't totally exposed. Gonna keep my fingers crossed b/c it looks like I've got 1 female & 2 males. will get pictures if I can!