Took Fishclubgirl Seriously ;)

Fin2you

I thought i was hopeless a week or so ago, but she informed me I wasn't hopeless until I got more bettas.....

Well my count is now;

2 males,

5 females contently living in a sorority tank

& 2 HMPK sisters being shipped to me on Monday. They are 12wk old runts from the spawn of a giant HMPK father & a HMPK mom :) Not sure if they will join my existing sorority as they may still grow to closer to the giant Betta size....

I am considering putting my SuperDelta boy back in my 2gal as he doesn't swim much at all, seems to just be spending his time 1 the back corner. Then that bigger tank can become a 2nd sorority. Or if the new girls are gonna be ok in the sorority (I introduce new fish by removing everyone, rinsing all the plants & decorations, rearranging, then letting the new & more submissive fish in first and letting them get comfortable b4 the 2 that are "alpha", making sure my "bully" is last and she floats in her cup inside the tank until all the other girls have swam up to the cup and then swam away.) Then I will have an empty tank & that just won't do!

I have to make a trip to the store anyways b/c my quarentine bowl got given permanently to the spixi snails who now have an adorable little set up with some mini plants 1 floating & a no swimming allowed sign. :)

oh and to add to the insanity my blue mystery who mated with my purple stripe mystery snail laid 2 egg clutches over the past 3 days!

I just got in my shipment of over a hundred bettas as well as some betta albimarginatas(so pretty, everyone needs some) yesterday. Picked up a couple of imbellis in lethbridge this week and am very curious to see the "big ear" bettas Riverfront is getting in in the next week or so. So the count is probably over 200 bettas and do have a spawn growing out. As well, I do have livebearer babies everywhere, flowering swordplants and madagascar lace plant and hope my blue angels will spawn again soon. I may be insane but I do belong to several support groups like the International Betta Congress, etc. Enablers all of them.......

• 1 month later...

Was in Vancouver over the weekend and one of the lfs traded me his betta falx and enisae so I now have 2 ikea storage containers on the coffee table, filled with bettas. Never used that table much....