Fluval Chi For A Betta?

5ubversion

I'm so new to having fish it's probably going to be hilarious to you guys, so bear with me here. I'm still trying to decide what kind of tank I want for my betta and I've been looking at the Chi. There's one set up in Pisces right now and I love the design, but I'm worried about the filter. Would I need to slow it down or would it be better to remove the filter altogether? Is this even possible with this tank? Or would a differnt tank be a better option? I'm perfectly open to alternate tank suggestions. I'm hoping do do a 3-6 gallon tank for my first betta.

Thanks in advance!

Cannot comment on the Chi, but only that when I needed a small tank I looked at many but put out money for the fluval edge 6 gal. (...and love it!) For getting into the hobby one of these micro tanks would be a perfect fit. I'd strongly suggest though get units with led than halogen. The led's disperse light better in these small tanks also that halogen will warm up this tank...perhaps more than needed. (this is what I've found) For filter I use my stock fluval edge filter...the only change I did was just add a sponge to the intake so that it will act like a primary filter. (does a perfect job)

For my edge I added another led light strip so it is a mod-high light tank as well as have purigen in the filter.

15515395c.jpg

I have two planted Chi and love them. I have betta in both, the flow is not great enough to bother them. Make sure to buy the cover so you don't find betta chips on the floor. One of the benefits is that you can plant some water loving plants in the fountain at the top. I have an orchid and moss on one and a fern and java moss on the other ... looks amazing!

I have both my chi in a south window. If you don't have a window, yes, additional lighting would be required. I also put the orchid on top of small lava rock so that it would not be too over watered. I then used some moss I had growing outside to cover the lava rock. The orchid never stopped blooming so I guess it does not mind at all lol.