Where To Buy Ro Water Bottles In Calgary?

nabilbb

Just be careful and make sure you're buying RO as usually the stores will also sell distilled, spring, etc. They should have different colored caps or say right on the bottles.

Lots of places should carry it. Places like canadian tire, grocery stores, TGP, gas stations, or pick it up/refill directly from the bottled water stores. Googling "reverse osmosis water calgary" would be a good place to start.

Any one have a clever way to dispense said bottled water out of the large 5 gal. bottle?

Pour it, lol.

You can buy little hand pumps you put over the top of the bottles to turn it into a dispenser. Its used for drinking so I'm not sure how fast the water actually comes out when you use one of those. You can also use a hose to siphon out how much you need.

Just be careful and make sure you're buying RO as usually the stores will also sell distilled, spring, etc. They should have different colored caps or say right on the bottles.

Lots of places should carry it. Places like canadian tire, grocery stores, TGP, gas stations, or pick it up/refill directly from the bottled water stores. Googling "reverse osmosis water calgary" would be a good place to start.

DI water is basically the same thing, just a different process.

Although It seems unclear whether DI stands for DIstilled or DeIonized. Either one should result in an ultra low TDS (Total dissolved solids. The true indicator of the 'softness' of the water).

I use a steam distilation unit that I bought at the Edmonton club auction a few years back. It produces water in the <10 ppm TDS range, which is more than adequate.

Spring water however will have a normal or even high TDS so do follow Val's advice on that one and avoid them.

Edit: Defined TDS

Edited by DanGofCalgary

I used to buy mine from the local grocery stone for around $4 for 5gal. If you go to sobe's, they only have a $0.25 deposit on the bottles, and they are returnable to any bottle depot. I kept a few for when I bought my RO unit. Very handy.