1St Community Tank

DANA T

Well i have decided to start a community tank 46gal bow front and have show guppies and endlers in it ,but after reading many forms about endlers and guppies cross breeding i have decided to just have endlers colony in the 46 gal and keep the line pure.I will put the guppies in a 75 gal community tank and i have added 3- 20 gal long tanks divided in to 3 compartments each with spunge filters for breeding show guppies.

I am looking for ideas of what to add to the guppy community tank for tank mates as i have always had cichlids and i am new to having a cumminty tank.

Next project planted tank--

Awsome that gives me some ideas, for the planted tank wondering if i should get rid of my peacocks and turn the 120 gal in to a planted tank ? bigger is better?

were can i find some nice endlers?

Thanks for the help i will probley have more questions as i go espically when i go to pick plants and sand.

Dana

An aquarium keeper does not always need to get the standard fish bottom feeder to keep the substrate clean. . Also it isn't needed to gravel vac your substrate either as your just taking away food for the plants. If you want a planted tank that ditrus is gold for them. I do strongly suggest get mts as they do not bother plants.

Do plants in the garden grow better after all nutrients have been remove and then readded chemically or do they grow better with a good manure?!

I would only recommend the above if it is planned to have a good amount of plant.

Awsome that gives me some ideas, for the planted tank wondering if i should get rid of my peacocks and turn the 120 gal in to a planted tank ? bigger is better?

were can i find some nice endlers?

Thanks for the help i will probley have more questions as i go espically when i go to pick plants and sand.

Dana

There are as many opinions of substrate pros and cons as there are of stars in the sky. For this I would recommend you read as much as you can, use google and you'll find a huge wealth of info. After you've read, after you've asked questions make up your own, now informed mind. :) I do like sand, it is economical (provides nothing in the form of nutrient tho) but detest the super fine that some people here purchase. It does nothing but clog up filters and create a cloud when anything is touched in the tank. I'd suggest if you want sand get a 5mm down sand mix.

I don't know what is the genetic history of my endlers. I ignore if they are pure or mixed. The only thing I know is that they breed like mad. If you want a few breeding pairs I can give them to you for free during your next trip to calgary :)

I don't know what is the genetic history of my endlers. I ignore if they are pure or mixed. The only thing I know is that they breed like mad. If you want a few breeding pairs I can give them to you for free during your next trip to calgary :)

Thanks will get in touch with you when i am coming up.