Tank Mates

How big is your tank? There are some large friendly fish like pacus. Pacus and silver arowanas live side by side in the wild. Also I have seen arowana display tanks with large silver dollars and clown loaches.

100 gallons just for now, would a gar live okay with them? And I was told as she gets older she'll snap and eat whatever she is with?

Unless you're planning on upgrading to a 220g+, then neither rays or pacu's would be any good (this is pretty much the minimum size for a silver arowana as well).

We're upgrading to a 560 gallon we are aware of the demands of the arowana lol just looking for some company for him.

You can find young motoro rays in calgary for 150 bucks, but they are very picky regarding water conditions. I think most predatory fish are loners. Arowanas are not shoal fish. They don't get depressed if they are by themselves. Perhaps before getting tank mates you should wait to upgrade your tank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...