I'm An Idiot! And Suggestions Please.

SuperGuppyGirl

So I recently got a plain jane 2" female B. Splendens whom I call Tiny, she is now set up quite happily in her 1/2G fish bowl, when I noticed she had this odd lil white spot that looked like a bump, I started googling and was having issues finding a disease with no other symptoms other than a lone white bump in front of the anal fin, watched for a week and still no other bumps, had a real panic attack when my son's betta splenden Megatron also had a white bump but larger, never have these 2 in a tank together and I'm pretty freaky about sterilizing, I looked at my other 3 B. Splendens looking for signs of this strange white dot and (with a sigh of relief) didn't see any, now kind of worried as these 2's bumps got a little bigger on Mega and Tiny, I bagged them up separately and hustled to one of my favorite LFS whom know me quite well and has an employee whom has successfully bred and raised these guys, anxiously showing him the dot and explaining whats happening, he got this funny look on his face as he viewed them in a lil divided display box, when he starts laughing hardcore, I'm ready to kick him for this when he gasped out the bumps are the ovipostor and the reason the others don't have it is they are guys and congrats I have 2 girls D"OH I'm an idiot! Here's an older pic of Megatron and you can see the white dot just in front of her anal tail.

http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/superguppygirl/?action=view&current=DSC_0549.jpg

can't get a decent pic of Tiny in her bowl with my phone camera :eh:

Now thinking they could share the 3G wave front tank I have the halfmoon in, but how would one go about it as when I put the bowl and the tank close together they start flaring at each other ?

I had the same problem with my male endlers. When I first got them I saw a male chasing a female, and a weird flat worm like thing under his belly moving up and down. I thought it was some sort of parasite like anchor worms. I almost pull it out with tweezers :cry:

Luckily, for my fish, after some research I found out what this thing was. :lol:

Lol kinda creepy how they can do that same with mollies, but never would have thought Mega was a girl due to how bright the colors she has, since Tiny the new onne has such a drab body color, but should have realized when the horizontal lines on Megas' body never completely faded lol

Lol kinda creepy how they can do that same with mollies, but never would have thought Mega was a girl due to how bright the colors she has, since Tiny the new onne has such a drab body color, but should have realized when the horizontal lines on Megas' body never completely faded lol

I guess selective breeding is making the girls better looking.

Yes, that's exactly what happened with me. Ooops, guess you were talking about fish.... Anyhow I once tried to breed a father and son, didn't go too well....

AHAHAHAHA Good one fishclub girl! Well just an update moved Mega and Tiny to the 75G along with 2 more girls I picked up Steel and Ginger and after some initial flaring and WTF? They are all getting along great! YAY! So was able to move the rescue pink veiltail boy my hubby calls Red out of my GBR 10G into his own lil filtered 1.5G where his slighty nipped fins (he and the GBR boy did not get along) will be able to heal with a few drops of melafix to be on the safe side :) will add his pic and the girls soon to photobucket but waiting till his fins heal