Chance Encounters

fishclubgirl

Me, I'm a solid blue female angel who was just "chillin" at Golds when the fishclubgirl bought me. You are a male striped blue angelfish from Riverfront who lost his mate a couple of weeks ago... Will it be love??? Are you the one for me?? Already I spotted you through the bag and yearn to swim beside you.. Later we'll find a swordplant leaf and start a family.. to be continued....

I have the horrible impression that almost in all animals, it is the male the one who wonders about the females and tries hard to impress them. Females just have to pick the best out of their multiple options. This is why often males are more fancy and colourful like in bettas and endlers while females are dull looking.

I think your female fish most be thinking something completely different :cry:

Sadly we have stolen from our pets the right to pick their mate. We give them not many options. It is more like arranged marriages for the convenience of the pet owner not the fish themselves.

Arranged marriages are great for building alliances and political ties. They are also great for instigating murderous plots and wars?

I think that fishclubgirl's blue angel is being very modern and practical about the whole situation. After all, we are in the the age of the internet.