Quarantine Regiment

flyfisher

Due to a Camallanus outbreak I'm in the process of restocking my very empty 75g was wondering what type of regiment other AA members use in their QT tanks. I have picked up some more neons from a lfs and already treated twice with Lev ( yes they passed worms ) all survived treatment and are doing fine in the 10g QT tank now I was wondering if a round of paraguard would be in order have used it in the past with sick fish with good results.Am I going over board with treatment and QT?

FLY

yep 1st treatment was aug.17 2nd sept.4 passed worms 1st time nothing on 2nd will give feben a try too I have a great vet who treats my mut and is interested in my fish experiments LOL thanks for the input.

• 3 months later...

I'm new to this, so please bear with me.

Is it necessary to treat new fish in an QT with dewormers, etc? I have cichlids, and I've only put them in a QT for 2 weeks, then moved them in if they appear healthy, etc. Any advise is more than welcome. Thanks!

I'm new to this, so please bear with me.

Is it necessary to treat new fish in an QT with dewormers, etc? I have cichlids, and I've only put them in a QT for 2 weeks, then moved them in if they appear healthy, etc. Any advise is more than welcome. Thanks!

I'm a little paranoid when it comes to de-worming.Don't want to deal with worms again, if you acquired your fish from a trusted source you could probably just observe your fish in QT and treat if symptoms appear.I like to be a little more proactive and treat all fish while in QT.The worms I dealt with can some times not show them selves for 6-8 weeks so I prefer not to take the risk.