Lily Pipe, Fluval 205, Inline Heater

Mahawka

Hey guys,

I need some help with my equipment setup here. I am super confused with how to put all of these together

Set up

Fluval 205 -> Hydor ETH 201 inline heater -> Lily Pipe Outflow -> ADA 10 gallon tank (45x30x27) -> Lily pipe -> back to Fluval 205

Firstly, i am unsure of what size hosing i need. I really dislike the stock Fluval hosing so i will be replacing it with some clear ones.

If that is the case what size tubing do i need? and will it fit on with the 205's tube connectors?

Secondly, what size of a lily pipe set do i need? a 17mm set so i can fit the tubing ? I am afraid that the 17mm set will be too big for the tank and look abnormal. (i prefer it to be as small as possible)

Lily - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/250854010557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3452wt_1163

Heater- http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160889774303?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

Thanks

A3aeY.png

Someone correct me if me wrong, but the fluval 200-300s use 13mm (1/2 inch) tubing. Clear tubing tend to turn brown from fish waste after awhile so be warned! When connecting the new tubing use clamps or boiling water to seal the ends over the connectors.

The inside of the ribbed grey stuff is 1/2" but the white/grey slip connector that connects the tubing to the aquastop valve is 5/8" or it was on the 2-3 205s I've seen.

If you boil the 1/2" you might slide it on but I'd rather not force such an important connection.

Skidbro- I am super impressed with the diagram.

After some research i think i need the 5/8 tubing, as Blink said the aquastop valve is 5/8. Therefor 5/8 is the only size that would fit the canister.

So if i am using the 5/8 inline heater, would i be able to fit the 5/8 tube on the 13mm or would i have to go 17mm?

Be careful with that, like blink said its an important connection, if your connection fails the gravity fed syphon effect that was feeding the filter will keep going until your aquarium water is entirely on your floor. There can be a lot of pressure on the outgoing valve on a canister filter, albeit not so much on the 205 as on larger pumps.

Thanks for the heads up.

After all day of research i have came to the conclusion that.

1) the Fluval 205 filter ribbon hosing is a 1/2 (13mm) in size

2) the Rubber piece on the 205 ribbon is 5/8".

Therefor the flow rate is designed for a 1/2" hose, but the 5/8 is just for connection sake.

After some testing, i can say that you can fit a 1/2" hose in to the canister in and out put. It is a tight fit but yes you can put a 1/2" hose in to the canister after heating the hose.

Since the stock hosing has a inner diameter of 1/2" i feel safe using a 1/2" hose to replace it.

My revised set up. Fluval 205 -> 1/2" hose ->Hydor ETH 200 inline heater (1/2" fitting) -> 1/2" hose -> Lily Pipe Outflow (13mm) -> ADA 10 gallon tank (45x30x27) -> Lily pipe inflow (13mm) -> 1/2" hose ->back to Fluval 205

I will be posting photos of this set up once i receive my items from ebay.

Photos will be located with my ada tank log. Link is below

http://albertaaquati...topic=37848&hl=

-----------------------------

Thanks for the help guys..

Edited by Mahawka

Sounds like your set up will serve you well I know plumbing in a Hydor ETH can be a real pain with the Fluvals.My I suggest some small hose clamps at the connections at $.25 per clamp its cheap insurance solved all of my leaks after a afternoon of messing around with mine and a 405.

FLY