120 Galon Cycling

Fireisfun

Oh the lighting schedual now is total blackout and on that note it looks even better today

http://instagr.am/p/Qn0iJnvw2O/

Still a very slight yellow color but not to bad. Still reading 0mg/L on the nitrate test and still waiting for my test kits to come in the mail. I guess that's what I get for ordering cheaper stuff online

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the same now. Water is pretty clear some of the rocks have a brown stain on them, probably from the algea dying off. I added a few hermit crabs to the tank and there seem pretty happy scuttling around. One found the dead snail and is on the process of making it his home now. My only problem now is the ceramic drive shaft for my sump pump broke and grinded out the inside of the casing pretty badly before I found it but I'm making due with a power head.

I took a sample of water to my Lfs and they said it looks okay and that it would support fish so I got a tank bred o. Clown fish. I also got a timer from home depot. Would a 6 hour photo period be good to stimulate some coralline growth and give the fish some light?

Today I got a whole bunch of different copepods, anthropods, some snails and porcaline crabs from Florida pets and everything seems to be doing really well. If the clown fish still looks okay and the snails look fine I will start adding my livestock to the tank

I got my test kit in finally today and the water looks great so I started transferring over my fish and my good skimmer and let it pull any more crap out for a few hours. I just finished transferring the rest of the live rock and corels in and every thing looks alright