New chocolate shrimp,I Have never owned these yet but I really like the color

474E8345-F4AB-4E09-92BA-BD02C9E06E6B-3342-00000451E4D4B506_zps24ba06c0.jpg

06922C53-6DC2-44D0-B248-72B48FD04854-3342-00000451F0497CCC_zps23261039.jpg

Got some new blood to add to my yellow shrimp

Old shrimp

DSC00640.jpg

New shrimp

12295C05-BA23-46D8-BE10-B69D16AC421C-3342-00000451FBAF8554_zps67ec85a9.jpg

Still haven't gotten any pictures of the pumpkin shrimp I got,but I'll get some photos today or tomorrow.

These arnt from Ron's order but I got some ghost shrimp I want to breed

7329A64A-6CD8-4A96-A949-1CC1EB112503-3342-000004520EB7268A_zpsd844f1ca.jpg

Edited by Sprucegruve

You should have let me know about the Ghost shrimp, I could have tried to pick you up a bunch from my wholesaler, usually lots of berried ones. Good luck with them all.

Ron

Thanks for the offer but it's more fun starting with 2males and 3 females lol

Still haven't gotten any pictures of the pumpkin shrimp I got,but I'll get some photos today

Edit-The chocolate shrimp would look darker on black substrate.

But I find light substrate easiest to pull out dull shrimp to keep up quality

Here is a photo of the pumpkins acclamating when I got them

D4624F5C-FDD9-4302-92E8-727B3BEC06C1-3535-00000495D3997719_zps6e76e9a6.jpg

I'll get one of them in their tank when I'm home

Edited by Sprucegruve

Those pumpkins are so pretty! What's their care level compared to Cherries, Greens, and Amanos (since those seem to be the shrimp I've had the best luck with)?

Oh darn, now I have no reason not to get some lol Do they interbreed with cherries? I suppose that doesn't really matter since I'm at the point with shrimp where I don't care what they are, as long as they look pretty and stay alive I'm happy lol Think you'll have some little shrimplets to sell in a few months?

Oh darn, now I have no reason not to get some lol Do they interbreed with cherries? I suppose that doesn't really matter since I'm at the point with shrimp where I don't care what they are, as long as they look pretty and stay alive I'm happy lol Think you'll have some little shrimplets to sell in a few months?

Pumpkins will breed with Cherries and probably produce some ugly shrimp it is best to keep them separate and constantly cull to keep quality up.

Pumpkins will breed with Cherries and probably produce some ugly shrimp it is best to keep them separate and constantly cull to keep quality up.

That's a shame. I only really have time to care for 1 shrimp tank, since they're the most demanding. I suppose I could just feed the ugly shrimp to my fish. That way I have more variety in my shrimp tank, and my fish get a yummy snack.

It's not too bad i got a good system worked out now ever since I switched my small tanks to sponge filters instead of HOB.

Having so many 10,15 and. 20 gallon tanks I can do 8-10 tanks 50% waterchange in about an hour using my food grade rubber hose from the tap.

Water change about 5 days a week,rest two

But I still want to drill all my tanks it would save a lot of time and effort

Or at least the tanks over 50 gallons