Frontosa

shanks

Just wanted to get an idea of who keeps Fronts out there. I currenty have 30 Mpimbwe fronts in a 300 Gallon aquarium. They are being fed blood worms and NLS Grow and the largest is about 2" long. Just added some Transcriptus and looking to add some Petricola. please post your stock/setup/feeding if interested.

Thanks,

Hey I have been keeping Fronts of and on for years now. Great fish to work with! I currently have 16 burundi frontosa currently but all still young about it the 2" range also. Held all them back from a few breeders I had in the past and hope to grow this group up and maybe get back to breeding them again in the future. Currently feeding them NLS. I have tried to introduce a few different fish with them but never worked out lol they all just seemed to bombard the new added fish and nip at them like crazy so just left them as a group of fronts and like it this way. I used to keep a very large collection on African Cichlids in the past but with the busy life I have now I chose to keep the fronts. They are nice to just sit back and watch after a stressful day lol.

Currently they are in a 90gal but soon to be upgraded.

Fronts are awesome! I kept a colony of 11 Mpimbwe. Loved how they swam so gracefully and how the big male always had it's main hiding spot. Mine pretty much ate everything including floating pellets but their favorites were market prawn. Unfortunately, I'm moving pretty soon so I had to let them go but at least they are in a good home now. Would love to one day own a 6 foot tank with blue zaires and some syno cats.

What do you plan to keep in yours?

Edited by tomuhs

Fronts are awesome! I kept a colony of 11 Mpimbwe. Loved how they swam so gracefully and how the big male always had it's main hiding spot. Mine pretty much ate everything including floating pellets but their favorites were market prawn. Unfortunately, I'm moving pretty soon so I had to let them go but at least they are in a good home now. Would love to one day own a 6 foot tank with blue zaires and some syno cats.

What do you plan to keep in yours?

for now just the fronts and synos. i think the Julie's are going to be a snack unless they get very creative with the rocks.I do have some Dubosi growing up in another tank and want to mix them because they are pretty much the same size and from the same lake but if they kill my fronts i will not be happy with them! When you get to your new place and decide you need more i will have a few a little more grown up for sale as i want to get down to about 18. drop me a line

I keeping a trio of f1 moba frontosa that I got also from the hobbies from the forum.