Another Ebiken Day

Ron

Well it didn't start off too hot with the flight from Vancouver being diverted from Calgary to Edmonton because of fog but after a 3 hour change in schedule, things went pretty smooth.

Here are a couple pics of new arrivals.

post-5043-0-78442200-1352080947_thumb.jpg

post-5043-0-76619600-1352081049_thumb.jpg

post-5043-0-91346500-1352081080_thumb.jpg

post-5043-0-60129200-1352081160_thumb.jpg

I also got a bunch of regular RCS to keep my Marbled crayfish company

post-5043-0-78791400-1352081255_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ron

Edited by Ron

So wicked! nice to see that there is some of those in Alberta! Good luck with them, and nice pics

Thanks. Now that TBs are supposed to be less delicate, hopefully more people will give them a try.

looking good Ron!

Is that the ADA Africana Powder in your BKK tank?

If those are Ebi-Ten feeding dishes does that mean Frank has access to the Ebi-Ten JPRL :drool:

Thanks.

Yes it is ADA Africana Powder, in the picture it shows up lighter than the actual colour.

I would say he can get just about anything from Asia as long as it's legal and worth his time. I'll ask about the Ebi-Ten PRL.

Very nice! I'd love to setup a shrimp tank like yours someday; maybe when i finish moving.

Got a fav type shrimp??

My set up is quite simple and wouldn't be hard to recreate, if you need any help just ask. I think the best investment was my pH/TDS/conductivity meter. Now I can check my parameters daily, or hourly :), and catch any problems before they are out of control.

I think whatever is shiney and new will always catch my eye, the Blue Bolts are awesome and they better be my favourite for the price of them.

Ron

I was going to say, if that is the powder type, those guys are tiny but great close-up shots : )

Not sure if it is my monitor are work but i does look like that particualr panda does have have a bit of a blue tilt that i didn't notice last night - if he/she keeps it as it grows older you might have a shadow panda on your hands. I think with those guys either they have it on their white sections of their body or they don't. On the non-shadow pandas the white is very solid, when it is not soild that is when you see the blue tilt.

Is the first picture an OEBT or a BTOE?

Edited by jumpsmasher

Yeah they're pretty small, do you know what their adult size is compared to a Neo?

I think 2 of mine show blue hues and the others are a very stark white so maybe they'll develop more blue as they mature and I'll have a couple Shadow Pandas.

The first pic is an OEBT, I have a have the full spectrum of OEBTs in my tank from blonde to almost BTOE.

Edited by Ron

I can't say I ever saw a full grown BKK in person but I think they should get the same size as a normal CRS / CBS, they just take twice as long to get there.

The funny thing with the Shadow TB's is that the blue is always there - how much blue there is depends on how solid the white is.. so unlike regular CRS where a solid white shell is highly desirable you kinda want the opposite as less solid white = more blue (at least that is the theory I think). Of course, if want to keep the Panda pattern, you still want some white or else it will just be black and close to the regular 1 or 2 bar BKK.

Edited by jumpsmasher