Hey All! Lf Store Recommendations In Edmonton!

yuri

There is PJ's Pets in Wem they usually have plants in tubs and also Aquarium Central at 12006-111Avenue that have great plants too. (better selection than PJ's) www.aquariumcentral.ca

Edited by rompergoddess

Natures corner and aquarium central are THE go to stores for plants (and fw fish)

Have to agree. I don't think I've ever paid sticker price overall at Natures Corner, I usually end up getting something discounted just 'because' Prices are good etc.

Aquarium central has been getting in some pretty decent stock, and prices are also good here.

Big Als, which I'd avoided for some time due to high prices shocked me the other day. I went into the store to pick up some parts (still the only ones that stock that) only to find their

fish prices really decent. Ended up buying a bunch of cory's from them.

cheers,

Antonio

Thanks so much for the quick replies!! You've been amazing!

Mainly looking for ferts and plants - so I'll see if I can squeeze several stores into our "travel plans" - right now Aquarium Central looks very likely

Shopping here I come!!! :&

• 1 month later...

Awesome glad to hear you had a good experience at Aquarium Central. Did you have the chance to meet/speak with Tuan?

I go to either Big Al's on southside or Pet Land on Calgary Trail. Surprisingly, Pet Land has some really nice cichilids that are decently priced...I think they use to be called PJ's pets

I was actually AMAZED at Pet Land on Calgary Trail. They have an immaculate fish room with some of the most amazing planted showtanks. Whoever is in charge of that fish room is doing a great job

Calgary trail petland must have improved, as PJs it was always just kinda ok. Not usually bad but definitely not immaculate.

I'll have to check them out sometime when I'm in the area.

When is the last time you were there? I'm telling you when I was there it was immaculate and easily has the nicest show tanks in the city. Much nicer then big als' planted show tanks.