Very Slowly Going To Pressurized...

creekbottom

I don't know that I'm 'saving' anything by building my own system. I have a greater knowlegde than when I started, and possibly better quality parts than if I were to buy something like the Milwaukee. I also have a little bit more pride in something I've built and researched myself.

I also started with a free regulator, so that's what got me started. If I didn't start with that I may gave gone for something like that Milwaukee system.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just wondering if it was worth while money wise as well, gonna buy a new bottle soon, was gonna tinker some, though if the cost is equivalent, I may just look into making my own. Thanks guys.

Edited by CursiveDuck

• 1 month later...

I got my solenoid valve in this week Yippee!!!

photo44_zpsfc3654e2.jpg

photo43_zps6b385d39.jpg

Just a quick trip to get a power cord and everything can be assembled, this is definitely happening this weekend.

I was calling around yesterday inquiring about tanks and refills... I did read most of the posts on here before starting. But it really looks like oxypro is the only one that would even look at a 5lb tank. Or at least they're the only ones that actually gave me a price. $131 with first fill then $17.75 for refills.

That is a good option, but how does it work for refills? Oxypro is one of the few places that will look at a five pound tank without laughing, seems like.

I picked up a 5lb from a member here tonight for $90, thanks Timmy!!! And I don't have to worry about hydro testing... ever.

• 11 months later...

Sooo, my system has been working like a pro since I set it up. I even added a T with a second needle valve for a second tank. Then this week... the solenoid valve started humming. It's that annoying 60Hz AC hum. I work from home during the day - early onset insanity has been diagnosed.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this hum? I took apart the DIN connector but didn't see anything wrong, when I plugged it back in it took about 5 minutes for it to start humming again. My next plan is to take off the coil and see if anything is noticeably wrong in there.

If I can't get rid of it, I'm going to replace the valve with another one I have. This time it's 24V DC. Does anyone know where I can get a power supply for this? I went to The Source but they didn't have anything.

That humming is the coil that is either defective or just poorly built. The resistance will change after it warms up and cause it to loosen up, thus the hum. You can pick up a new coil for about 12 bucks off ebay or hit the electrical wholesalers in Edmonton. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Jay

Edited by Jayba

Princess auto might have a 24V dc adapter in their surplus section or Active Tech electronics almost certainly will have what you need. I often find Value Village is a good source for stuff like that too, just go through their power supply section and you'll usually find what you need for a couple bucks.