Hello From Airdrie!

Vanterax

Hello from Airdrie. I'm in no way an expert so I'm here to learn.

Moved from New-Brunswick to Airdrie two years ago where I had a 10g tank and gave it to a friend. Never lost the sting and always wanted to get back into the hobby. So I bought a 46g bow front tank in late October and it has finally done cycling. I currently only have 2 mollys and 2 panda corys. Just started with plants too with an anubius on a piece of drift wood.

There's more I want to do, but I'm taking baby steps.

Thanks for the offer. :) I feel like my canopy light isn't up to par for plants, though. It's just a cheap single T8 fixture with a Marineland bulb. I have my eyes on a new one depending on boxing day deals. Currently, I run the light for 8hrs/day and have two underwater LEDs to give the tank a nice glow in the evening.

Baby steps... Need to improve on the cheap stuff that came with the aquarium kit (silly of me to get a kit). Upgraded the filter to a Fluval 306 and next is the canopy light. :)

Edited by Vanterax

But the lack of a good store in Airdrie causes a disturbance in the fish force. Thankfully I work quite close to Big Al's and Pisces Pet Emporium. :)

I'm in the Stonegate area. My next door neighbor had ponds last summer and he got out of it before I could get my new tank. I wanted to grab some of his rich biomedia so bad to get me started, but timing didn't work out.

I'm surprised of the lack of any good aquarium supply store in Airdrie. There's no lack of pet stores, but none have any serious aquarium supplies that I could find or carry any kinds of fish except for the occasional Beta in a jar. Is it just not a popular hobby in Airdrie?

I've heard a rumour that a Petland may be going into Airdrie. Their fish section manager lives there so it should be a pretty good store..