Blue Green Algea In New Shrimp Ada Tank

Dukeswild

So about 2 weeks ago I started up my 20g long crs tank. I moved over a existing piece Of drift wood with moss into it. Withing the last week the driftwood started to get covered by a good size spot of Cyanobacteria.

I've read a couple things to help rid of it. Higher oxygen levels, 5 day black out and so forth. So was at pieces and the manager there reccomended " chemiclear aquarium treatment" to get rid of

My algea problem. I stressed with him that it was a new invert setup and am kinda hesitant on putting any chemical products in there. It does say invert safe. Just enacted to see if any if it guys have had any exsperience with this product or any other recommendations

Cheers Tony

There is a product out there with good reviews called "No More Algae". I looked at the label and they say to not use where there are live plants. They will die. That pretty much kept me away from any chemical treatments. Read the label of the product before you buy.

Edited by Vanterax

spot dose with glutaraldehyde aka metricide aka seachem excel.

I use glutaraldehyde in my planted shrimp tank regularly for the carbon no harm.

After the one area is gone look @ why it grew in the tank...lighting/nutrients/ferts and see what is outta whack.

Thanks guys. Ya that's what I've been told is best is spot with liquid o2. Just didn't have a chance to get ahold of any before I left again for work this morning.

ns being a new Ada setup I imagine the parameters went out of whack while I've been gone for the past couple weeks.

I dosed with my intibioctoics for now and added a couple more worst ones to increase oxinste levels and will blackout the tank for a couple days.

I'm not planning on adding any shrimp to this tank for atleast 3-4 weeks. So hoping till them I can get things sorted out.

Tony