Higher End Crowntails

Aysha

I am looking at getting into breeding higher end crowntail bettas.

I've got a blackwater setup created with 5 gallon breeding tanks and mason jars I will be creating a betta barracks with 12 gallon long mr.aqua's in the future.

I have a few nice crowntails for a practice run but I am looking at getting into bronze,platinums and black orchids in the future. The cost is not an issue it can't be any worse than my reef setup :) I currently breed fire red cherry shrimps and am looking at breeding my collection micro-rasbora in the future as well.

My question is,

Aside from Aquabid is there anyone Edmonton/Calgary that specializes in these high end bettas?

I have a contact in Thailand who is willing to ship me some top grade fish but I'd like to see if anyone local has any first.

Crown-tails are a priority but may consider other varietys.

I am not looking to make a profit. I just enjoy fish keeping and would like to try breeding bettas to support my hobby before moving on to more difficult species.

Another question to betta breeders (fishclubgirl and others)

What do you do with your retired bettas? I've learned that bettas no longer breed after 14-16 months. Do you find them pet homes or keep them?

Where are the best resources for advanced betta keepers?

Here are some examples of fishes I am looking for:

http://pinterest.com...pretty-fishies/

If anyone is selling any let me know. I'd be willing to pay cash or credit from my design company.

Edited by Aysha

*figured I should be more specific* Got that.My microworm starter kit is in the mail.

I used to breed Fruit flies,sprigtails, daphnia constantly and the process is similar.

My question is can I use repsashy superfly culture mix for my microworms?

http://lllreptile.co...fly-media-24lb/

Edited by Aysha