Peacock Gudgeons And Shrimp

vince0

I have finally gotten back into the shrimp thing!! My brother is in the process of moving, and while tearing down his tank we discovered and thriving community of red cherry shrimps living in his plants. Since he was tearing down his tank, I decided to catch as many as I could and put them into my fry tank.Things were going really well until I got peacock gudgeons on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, the peacock gudgeons went into a different tank, they arent fry after all! Or so I thought, on Monday they decided to breed. With this species, the male raises the eggs/young, which means I have to move him, his cave and his eggs as a package into a fry tank... and the only fry tank I own has shrimp in it now!!

Here is my question to you invert folks, do you thinks its safe to put the two species together. His mouth is very small!!

There's really only one way to find out. The nice thing about having an already thriving shrimp pop'n in a planted tank, is that it is highly unlikely that even if the gudgeon does like to snack on them, he's not likely to put a dent in the shrimp pop'n.