Turtle

Kim

I prefer the turtle.

However, I would like to get a large fish tank (bigger than my sad tank at the moment). I want to get one in the wall that is shared between rooms (big dreams, doubt I will ever be able to afford it).

I want a buddy for him. But then I have a couple problems. First I dont know how to sex them properly (only what the internet told me) or even if you can at the size he is, and I would need to get the other one sexed before I bought it too. Second, to find another one of the same kind.

Rob- and how much would that tank cost me??

Edited by Kim

I know he has lots of room, sometimes I even wonder if he even knows where everything is yet, since I usually find him in 2 different spots. He may be a little lost at times.

Rob- and how is my day buddy settling in?

Edited by Kim

Don't quote me on this, but I think Riverfront could sex him for you. If I recall, they charge $35 for this. Maybe Petland would be getting more of these guy's in, and you could "pck" through!

I still have the actual 90 gal. tank for sale-very slightly used. (like 2 months-no water) $100 would do it!

If you are looking for the 190 gal, I believe Jim paid at least 10X that much! But it's starphire glass. :o

Well this is the first turtle I have ever taken care of, but he seems happy. :smokey: he can run pretty quick (for a turtle).

I knew I would never be able to afford a nice tank (well that nice).

Hmm I might have to get some more turtles into Petland, but I know it wont be for a while. We are right full.

Edited by Kim

Please keep in mind that Jim had ALOT of custom mods. to a starphire tank! (hence the price!) But you really don't need to spend THAT much on a tank for your turtle (s). (but you know all this, working at a "cool" petstore! :lol:) B)

That 120 gal. you guy's sold would hold 2 for quite some time, I would guess! (check w/Toirtis, he knows EVERYTHING! :thumbs: )

B)

My turtle should be fine in the tank he is in, I might need to upgrade but it depends on how big he grows. The max size as far as I know it only 9" (for a female) and 8" (for a male). But that 125 gallon sure was nice.

I dont want a wall tank for my turtle but for fish.

Oh, well, if that's the case, the possibilities are ENDLESS! :lol:

Wall tanks are cool for sure, but plan on staying there for awhile!

I will pm. you a price on the one I listed above if you like!

All kidding aside, I think alot more goes into the planning and maint. of the tank, than just size-Lisa's 72 was stunning to say the least! But yeah, I keep on dreaming, and drawing of my "large" tank too-it will be here by Christmas!!

Now, just gotta get to B.C and collect the other 1000 lbs. of rock :wacko:

I know he has lots of room, sometimes I even wonder if he even knows where everything is yet, since I usually find him in 2 different spots. He may be a little lost at times.

Rob- and how is my day buddy settling in?

check your e-mail- :thumbs: she's doing great for sure, eating like a little pig!