Help Co2 mixture in Tank

Pop Eye

I mixed up a new batch of Sugar and Yeast and put it in my container. It looks like some of the mixture went down the tube and into my tank. Since now my tank is cloudy. My fish dont seem to care at this point. It was going into my tank for prob less then an hour.

Should I be concerned? Of course I dont have any test strips left to tell you what the water is conditions are.

Gina

• 2 months later...

New to this site and first time I have read this post.

To cure any problems with mixture going into your tank, you can add a "gas separator" to your diy co2 reactor. Since you have to make two holes in the lid for tubing to be installed, I find that it is best to use a Power Ade bottle that has a wider lid. The gas separator bottle is smaller than that of the reactor, and is glued or siliconed to the side so that the lids are at the same level.

So, the tubing from the reactor goes to the separator, any mixture is spilled off into the separator, and then another airline tube goes out of the separator and is attached to the check valve etc.

Check out system designs at this website ......

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html#3

This has happened to me a few times, and I've read of others' experiences many more times. It doesn't seem to affect the fish, but it will feed a bacterial bloom - if the tank stays cloudy, it's bacteria, not your CO2 brew.

Like degrassi says, a few largish WCs and all will be fine. If you have a micron/diatom filter, even better.