Shrimp

Dinos187

Not sure if its the largest out there but I had a Red claw shrimp(Macrobrachium sp.) Its body was about 3" with its arms much longer. It wasn't very friendly and I barely ever saw it.

edit: Here is an old thread about my shrimp with some pics of it http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=16714&hl=macrobrachium#entry2138494

Hmm I've got said red claw macros, not sure why you'd say they were not friendly <shrug>. I currently have a colony in a 90 Gallon tank, with plecos, rainbows, 6" catfish, cory's etc etc. They can hold their own, so even when I had full grown angels 5-6" on body, they didn't go after the shrimp. They do get large compared to the cherry shrimp etc. I find mine very active, especially at feeding time when they rush out to try and beat the fish to the food ;)

cheers,

Antonio

Hmm I've got said red claw macros, not sure why you'd say they were not friendly <shrug>. ;)

Mine hid all the time. It never came out of its cave unless it was to get food and even then he was very skittish and would shoot right back into his hide spots. I didn't mean unfriendly as in he attacked tankmates. Mine lived with some Kribs and they both left each other alone, I just never saw him.