Different World!

New_from_Peru

Hi all,

As my user name suggests I have recently moved to Calgary from Peru where I lived for three years. I started with planted tanks down there and I can tell you getting equipment was a real chore! I may have used the least carbon friendly ADA Amazonia soil ever.

The soil left the jungle (Peruvian?) across to Mr Amano's factory where ever then on to Calgary then returned to Lima, Peru!

As you can see getting equipment was quit a struggle, not so here in Calgary. My ability to justify additional equipment / plants / critters knows no bounds!

So far I have my rimless 50 gallon back up and running low light / no injected CO2 and dealing with massive evaporation and hard water! First critters went in last week after a good cycle.

My 2nd tank is a Fluval edge sitting in my office (not a common thing if the comments are anything to go by) with an algae eating team in place and waiting for some CRS / CBS once I can get some...... Anyone with a cull tank?? Be your best friend... =)

Anyway after being in Peru I was in heaven walking around Pices and Big Al's. Still planning on hitting Riverfront once the snow clears up a little!

Loving Calgary even if my wallet is feeling some pain ($14.99 for some really tired moss).

Bye for now,

Edit for spelling

Edited by New_from_Peru

Where did you live prior to Peru?

There are many plant growers on this forum. The Calgary Aquarium Society is having an auction on March 12th. A great place to get fish, plants, accessories, etc. at great prices. Usually quite a selection.

Hey,

I am from Aberdeen (Scotland) orginally so I am betting everyones Spanish is better than mine =)

In three years I actually only saw rain drops (proper ones) once in Lima! The jungle and the mountains are of course a little different, I got stuck in the jungle for a week due to constant rain! It was ok though, I was lucky enough enough to see a freshwater ray in the stream one morning.

I'll try and find out the details for the auction, sounds good and would be nice to mix.

Cheers