Z O M G! Metricide Anyone?

cainechow

While I was not home, one of the boys dumped something like 100 ml of metricide into my freshwater sump. That's like 170 ml of Excel. The last 3 furcatus ranbows were gasping at the surface of the tank and I could only find 2 amano shrimps. Time for water changes gallore! Maybe this will kill off all the algae and cyano left in the tank :P. I just hope my bio filter isn't wasted.

Anyway. Back to massive water changes....

While I was not home, one of the boys dumped something like 100 ml of metricide into my freshwater sump. That's like 170 ml of Excel. The last 3 furcatus ranbows were gasping at the surface of the tank and I could only find 2 amano shrimps. Time for water changes gallore! Maybe this will kill off all the algae and cyano left in the tank :P. I just hope my bio filter isn't wasted.

Anyway. Back to massive water changes....

Ah kids.... Lol

10 gallon with a 4 gallon sump... Small system.

I made sure to wash the little guy down. I think he only got a little on his hands if one can go by smell. I need to upgrade the cabinet child locks now... They grow up too too fast!

I've fished the fishes and Amanos out and pot them in my plant grow out tank so they should be good for a few weeks there while I wait for a new bacterial culture to grow...

Edited by cainechow

Ouch. I have not yet overdosed with excel or metricide (ok, half of the time I forget to dose it - they really need an automatic liquid doser that doses 2-20ml for planted aquariums...)

As for those child proof caps and locks, I am sure you can guess who the parents hand the lock/container to when the parents can't open the lid/lock, right? My parents could never got those things open, they would always hand them to us to open, even when we were 5 we managed the caps.

Well, good thing about a 10g, it is easy to do water changes. You could probably do one massive water change, removing as much water the first time around as possible, which would save time.