Zebra pleco

Smokey

IMHO - :huh:

Shipping cost's -

The $20.00 is an extra processing fee to be added to the rest of the cost.

Plus when you pick up the box, in Canada - you have to pay taxes and taxes and a fee for the person to calculate the taxes. Plus the cost of having the Government person even show up!!!!! Then they have to calculate the difference between CDN. $$ AND THE REST OF THE WORLDS CURRENCY. Which usually requires a technologicaly eduacted employee - an additional cost. PLUS the energy "GREEN TAX" for using windpowered energy electricty! :o:o

THEN THERE is the "STAMP FEE" .. when you stamp around IN infrustration,. and the govement persoanl, WHO BECOMES " EMOTIONALLY" challenged - has to call the RCMP security forces.

Which, BTW - wiill cost you an extra $325.78 per person per hour :ph43r:

Should I go on!!!! :angry:

Then there is the transportation fee to the holding cell ...........Booking fee's, processing fee's, arrainment fee's..... :wacko:

P.S. never show up when the customs perople on a coffe break -- this will cost you an extra pound of flesh :rolleyes:

NOW - people of A/A - you can get an idea why import's can be so expensive.

please shoot me :blink:

Rudy - I think it is a get oppertunity. AND in most cases, the only way to get certain stock.

If I was into the same species, as you and others are, I would jump at the oppertunity and place an order with you. Believe me I am tempted..... However, I promised myself to relegate myself to Discus ... for awhile. Otherwise $$$$$$$$$$$$.$$

Getting together with a few others, to help defer the cost is the only way we can afford some ot the more exotic/wild species.

Do not get me wrong. I have imported fish [ from around the world]. and it is expensive. Hidden cost at the customs office, and what they can put you through.

Smokey

http://www.riverwonders.com/intshipping.html

Well somebody better change their web page then. ;)

You know what? My bad(and apologies) I was thinking about another place that I phoned around the same time....I phoned Riverwonders twice when they advertised zebras, and both times they didn't have any...so in that case shipping price wasn't important with no stock :D

the other place was selling zebras for $85 each, and then quoted me a shipping cost of $120 ..

david

p.s. and as Smokey said, there's always the taxes and duty charges--god forbid they hold the package at the border or miss flight connections and kill your fish.. :angry:

the below excerpt from another website with regards to Riverwonders...attn: Mods-please feel free to delete this if it makes you uncomfortable to have this posted here..david

Posted: Aug 7 2004, 11:31 AM

Where did you get them? Must be nice...

I ordered just *one* from the River Wonders "Zebra Pleco" link at the top of this forum. Order was placed 07/21 and money was PayPal'd to them, not received, I e-mailed them, they said it would ship next week, next week it didn't come, e-mailed them again three times as they didn't answer the first two times, they then said they "hope it wouldn't be much longer," then this week it never arrived, e-mailed yesterday asking for updates and they didn't reply.

Would appreciate any tips on where you guys are getting them... this sucks

I have no problem with your post or the information included.

Actually, personally speaking, I am very glad you did so. It helps to make aware, to persons, the procedures of a business.

Not knowing all the ''facts'' ... it will be interesting to ''follow'' the outcome.

And if the customer was statisfied. with doing business with a specific company.