Hello From Airdrie

Curtis

And I am just like a little puppy! I have about 5 browser windows and 6 or 7 tabs in each reading and learning...following so many different threads, ideas etc. I was gifted a large tank (200 us gal) with a sump and a huge wooden stand. Need to reconfigure my basement a little. So many things have changed since I last had a tank (20 + years) and am excited to get back into it. Will be asking questions and I know that there will be as much advice as I can handle LOL

Curtis

Hello and welcome!

You're nice and close to a TON of great quality livestock. Depending on what you're looking to stock in that massive beast (I'm jealous), you've got a ton of members here to collect your livestock from. Keep an eye on the classifieds. Often great fish for a steal of a deal...I just need more people to offer these things 8 hours north of you!

Thank you all for the great welcome and I look forward to picking everyones brain just a little. I am trying not too get ahead of myself. I have rather elaborate plans and will keep everyone updated....if they want me to LOL. Was thinking a freshwater planted community tank as I have seen a few with lots of schooling fish and it looked great. Been playing around with this http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php to get an idea of what I can and cannot do. Been working on getting the tank and sump cleaned up as it was a saltwater setup and was covered in a lot of algae and other nasty red stuff. As soon as I can will bounce a few things off of you guys.