Edmonton Shrimps Fan?

pandaboy

No clue on a local breeder but there are a few of us trying to start up.

Personally I've got a cherry shrimp colony establish (nothing compared to Jasons skyscrappers), some sakura oranges having babies, blue pearls having babies, and *crosses fingers* super

tigers have had one drop so far. Other than that I'm also trying red rili and fire reds, though have not had any drops from either bunch.

cheers,

Antonio

Actually, look at one of the other threads, I believe you might be able to get into a group order on some shrimp. Search for shrimpfever

Edited by Tigs

Big shrimp fan but I'm not from Edmonton. Sadly though, it's really difficult to find local breeders for anything short of Cherry Shrimp. Hopefully some of the orders going out here soon will fill the 'local breeder' need in 6 months or so.

In April, I'll start ordering from my supplier

if I get something interested, I think I can hook you up with some stuffs

Currently I'm concentrate on CPO, yellow and White Crystal Shrimps

Let me know when you have some yellow to sell! :D

I have Orange shrimp and Red fire/Sakura/painted fire(basically a super red cherry). I used to breed yellows, cherries, and greens. Tried CRS/CBS but didn't have any luck with them.

There are a few people breeding shrimp in Edmonton. Just got to know who to ask ;) Try joining the aquarium club.

where do I sign up?

do you separate your Sakura and PFR?

You can find the membership form on the ACE website http://www.edmontonfish.com/membership/

As for my shrimp I haven't separated them as they are Fire reds but some of them also look PFR grade. I guess I shouldn't have said Sakura as they are actually fire reds with some showing PFR coloring too. I do remove any that are sakura grade to keep the red solid. Grading of cherry shrimp is kind of annoying because basically the fire red and PFR are so close. They shouldn't have different names more of a ABC system like Crystal shrimp. Basically I sell them as "fire reds".

Also Candy striped pistol shrimp are salt water so I have no idea where you'd get those.