Hai Fr Cowtown!

SilverWolf

I came across this site via google. :)

I have a 10G NPT (Natural Planted Tank) with a soil/sand sub. A chunk of Malaysian Wood, and 4 types of plants! Right now there is just Fang the Betta, some RCS (I think, I haven't seen them since I got them!), an Angelicus Botia (in transition, he was given to me and I'm hoping to rehome him as I don't have the proper space), and 4 juvie Poecilia latipinna (again, hoping to rehome them).

I'm hoping to get some direction as to where to buy some stem/rooted plants locally that aren't ridiculously priced! I'd also love to come across some cardinal tetra's too!

I put the tank together for my 10 month old daughter. :) Every time we walked by a fish tank she would get excited and point at them, so I felt like she needed a pet! It has been over 10 years since I have had a tank myself!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure in no time your tank will spontaneously "multiply". It's a syndrome commonly referred to as MTS (multiple tank syndrome). Don't feel bad...everyone gets it at some point. lol

This forum is a great place to buy/sell/trade. if you don't find what you want here, there are several Local Fish Stores that commonly sell decent plants. Riverfront, Piscces, Big Al's, Petland, Tanks-A-Lot...Ohh...and the Calgary Aquarium Society monthly meetings is a good place too. You're welcome to attend a meeting and find out what it's all about!