Hydor Fans

flyfisher

I have been shopping for new filters to replace my unreliable Fluvals and found that Hydor is bringing out a new line of canisters.Very few if any reviews and a bit pricey but I have no complaints with any of their other products I have used.

Only article I've read on them says they are going to be very economical. They definitely remind me of Kotobuki filters but are going to be only a fraction of the price. I am a BIG Eheim fan but for the price, I may hook one up as back up filter on my next tank.

Edit: Found some pricing online, $89.95 for the 190 GPH model to $165.95 for the 345 GPH model.

Edited by Ron

I have never used a Eheim but that is the direction I'm leaning to right now, going to keep it simple and try the classic line 2217 / 600 to replace the 405's

I have never used a Eheim but that is the direction I'm leaning to right now, going to keep it simple and try the classic line 2217 / 600 to replace the 405's

I prefer the tray system in the Pro 3 models. The only Classics I am running right now are a 2213 and a 2262. The 2213 has a basket for all the media which makes it easy to remove and backwash. I haven't had to clean the 2262 yet, I am not looking forward to that day.

I too like the tray system that's why I went with Fluvals but maintaining them is wearing me out and destroying my floors LOL so durability is now more important than convenience.