Brilliant Rasbora, Ok In Edmonton Water?

blink

I've been looking at brilliant rasboras for my 90 gallon, I'd like to add some fish which will complement my rainbows and I think these would look great but all the fish profiles I read suggest they might not be well suited to Edmonton's water, seeing as they come from an area with soft, acidic water. Does anyone here keep them or have experience keeping them?

While I've never kept Brilliant Rasboras, I do have an affinity to SA fishes, and have kept and bred dozens of "soft water" species in Edmonton tap water. If you are getting them locally, chances are they'll do great with minimal effort. If you are importing them from a part (or different) of the country with soft water, I'd recommend acclimating them via drip for at least an hour. They should thrive in your tank, if it's clean and they're well fed. If breeding is your goal, you may have to tinker with the water chemistry a bit (invest in an RO unit?), but simple cold WCs may also be all that's needed.