Importing Bettas From Thailand?

Aysha

So I've had/have a few high end fish, My newest guy a beautiful White halfmoon didn't make it through quarantine,

It got me thinking, I've been totally bitten by the bug, I currently own 4 betta fish,

a copper halfmoon, a sky blue/multitone crowntail and two black devil crowntails.

Big Al's want's up to 80.00 EACH for okay halfmoons, another local store has beautiful fish for about half that much but limited selection.

I've noticed a few on Aquabid that i'd like to take home with me. My questions.

Who're the best sellers to deal with?

How EXACTLY does shipping work, Most instructions are written by ESL speakers.

How much APROX does it cost?

What am I looking for in the highest quality fish?

What is the DOA rate on these fishes?

I've been breeding live food for awhile and would like to try breeding them again, it's no use breeding muttley fishes.

Housing.

I have a couple betta's in Fluval Spec 2's

My mr. Aqua 12 gallon long was recently taken down due to a leak in the silicone,

When I repair it how much room should I allocate to each betta? I was thinking 6 fish to a 12 long?

post-5310-0-02635300-1374288758_thumb.jpg

Have you tried Aquarium Central? He has some beautiful white/pearl plakats and usually some gorgeous others in. Don't remember if I saw any white HM's in but he has gotten them in the past

I would suggest getting in touch with Betta Breeders Canada or the International Betta Congress. Francis in Regina has some really nice fish(HMs). Transhipping can be expensive(though 80 dollars for HM is pretty crazy too). Also talk to the Aquarium Central as Tuan may be able to get you what you want. I like my dragon and dt pks and they are not in as much demand as HMs so they don't break the budget.