Hey All

Traffic66

So the intro....

Living in Cochrane. Quit smoking and was looking for something else to do with my time. Got handed a little 5 gallon with everything needed and thought why not. Did some research and found out a small tank wasn't the best to learn on so rescued a 25 gallon that was on it's way to the dump and got started. Got things I needed after many hours of research and quickly threw together a tank and started the cycle.

Of course...it isn't the same as when I started but don't they always change?

The start: (most things were free off Kijiji or incredibly cheap)

25G07-13-20132_resize_zps6c8e7bd8.jpg

Now to get frustrated with it and add some flare of my own. Plus I also got an abundance of fish for a great price (would love help ID'ing them if possible - I know the red fin black shark and the zebra danios, but the rest all I know is they are Tetras)

25G07-22-20131_resize_zpsdb8ffa3e.jpg

25G07-22-20133_resize_zps9d38585f.jpg

25G07-24-20131_resize_zps5d412bef.jpg

25G07-24-20132_resize_zpsdecada2f.jpg

25G07-24-20134_resize_zpsdf1f5ebd.jpg

Have also gone into a small 10 gallon planted tank with guppies that I just love more than this one. This 25 gallon will be rescaped soon enough with proper substrate and more plants. Less fake stuff and more natural. Will post more of the smaller one later.

In your fourth picture, the prominent fish front and center are Harlequin Rasbora's, in the last picture you have a Glowlight Tetra (guy at top left), a Black Neon Tetra (at the top on just right of center), a Neon Tetra (blurry guy bottom right with blue and red on him), a Black Skirt Tetra in the center of the image, and I can't identify the others.

Welcome!

Edited by jeremoose

Welcome to AA

In your fourth picture, the prominent fish front and center are Harlequin Rasbora's, in the last picture you have a Glowlight Tetra (guy at top left), a Black Neon Tetra (at the top on just right of center), a Neon Tetra (blurry guy bottom right with blue and red on him), a Black Skirt Tetra in the center of the image, and I can't identify the others.

Welcome!

Ahh figured they were all Tetras and glad to find out I have some Rasbora's as well. Now to figure out what the one's that look like goldfish are (yellow with black). Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the welcome.

And as promised. The 10 gallon planted tank that I just love. Currently has a mystery snail and about 8 guppy fry in it. Will be searching for and adding some RCS into it shortly once I have some funds and find some for a good price.

10G07-23-20132_resize_zps16e5d4e0.jpg