Breeding Convicts

Mike82

I've heard they are super easy to breed, but mine are in a tank with some jewel cichlids and a few keyholes and seem to have paired off but nothing yet. I have a 2nd smaller 20g tank set up, cycled and ready to go, if I put the convicts alone in there would they be more likely to breed? And yes they are a male and a female lol

I think most if not all of us been there. When old enough they will breed and breed and.......

Unless you really love them and can't resist, better if they not breed. You will be having a lot of heartache culling and they do not make easy feeder fish either as they are super fast.

• 1 month later...

I think most if not all of us been there. When old enough they will breed and breed and.......

Unless you really love them and can't resist, better if they not breed. You will be having a lot of heartache culling and they do not make easy feeder fish either as they are super fast.

I'd love to help him with his culling problem though!! I always have hungry fish.. *cough*