HOW MUCH WATER CHANGE?

[iN MY EXPERIENCE, TO MUCH HAS HIGH STRESS]

ONCE A WEEK-10% OR

EVERY SECOND WEEK-20%

REGULARLY!

ONCE MEDS CYCLE IS DONE STOP,

WATER CHANGE AROUND25%

WAIT & WATCH

DON'T DO MORE MEDS TILL YOUR SURE THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT.

[AROUND 3 TO 5 DAYS]

Wandj,

Sorry to hear about your blue JDs they are really awesome looking fish when they are healthy. I was in Big Al's the other day and they have a handful left of the blue JDs and most of them have popeye from what I could see. I would see if you could maybe get some credit or an exchange for something else since the store itself can't clear up the popeye. Or, try doing lot's of water changes with a little salt. I know we have brought fish back from deaths door with good water conditions and tlc :wub: . You could also call Big Al's and see if anyone has had any luck with a medicine you haven't tryed. It sounds like you will have a few good ones out of the bunch.

Hope this helps,

Amy

I have just steered clear of them cause usualy they are quite sickly cause of their gene pool the size of a quarter

to get younguns most people breed a normal and a blue dempsey which produces some of each ( I cant remember which is more common) but anyway that normal jack is usualy the spawn of a normal and blue that didnt fully get the blue gene because it is recesive.

Yes, I did buy mine from Big Als. I did mention to them that I thought they had "google eyes" and I was fighting pop-eye. They said they did not have any problems with theirs.

Whatever.

It is definately pop eye or something weird is happening because I saw one of mine get really bad at one time. And I do see veins with blood in the eye ball, which I do not think is normal. And I must do lots of water changes. Sorry, but don't forget some of my meds have compromised the bio filters. And I'm sure my Ammonias, Nitrites, nitrates are pretty much zero with all the water changes they get and I vac the bare bottom tank. (I have test kits but frankly, every time I use them my readings are always zero) I am not using salt....I already tried that but did not mention it earlier. I think they are getting better, but it's so slow. Like I said, my regular JD's are doing fantastic.

I'll keep ya posted. I'm sure many of you are interested in Blues and would like to know what current owners are facing.

I have just steered clear of them cause usualy they are quite sickly cause of their gene pool the size of a quarter

I have to agree W/ Cichlidkid.

I love blue Dempsey's, but how many people know someone with full grown adult?

I don't know anyone, and i have only seen 2 pics of adults.

That kind of makes me suspicious about them, especialy with a 1" S/A going for $40 :ph43r:

• 5 months later...